Case Study: IT Transition
From a Substandard Helpdesk
to an Exceptional IT Security and Managed Services
CLIENT: The Health Professionals and Allied Employees
ADDRESS: Emerson, NJ 07630
TEAM SIZE: 60
The Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE) was ounded by Englewood Hospital nurses in 1974. HPAE is New Jersey’s largest healthcare union of more than 12,000 Nurses and medical workers. HPAE plays a strong role in setting higher standards for healthcare throughout New Jersey and our nation.
HPAE members work with community leaders and elected officials with a continuous mission to improve access to affordable, quality patient care, elevate professional practices, and advance working conditions for healthcare professionals.
HPAE reached out to powersolution.com, trusting our decades of experience and industry recognition in the fields of Managed Security and Managed IT Services.
Between 4 locations and approximately 60 computer users, HPAE constantly struggled with a lack of tech support, the vulnerability of data and an inefficient IT environment, outdated technology, and workflow interruptions.
After meeting with HPAE and a thorough analysis of the problems in the existing IT environment powersolution discovered several critical challenges HPAE faced.
- Unsupported Servers: IT security represented a major risk to the organization, with one physical server and four virtual servers that were unsupported – resulting in a lack of operating software security updates and associated cybersecurity-related protections.
- Outdated Technology: The hardware security solutions that were supposed to protect the perimeter of the main and satellite locations were outdated, presenting vulnerabilities to HPAE’s exposure to great data risks.
- Mishandled Applications: Poorly managed Microsoft 365 and 3rd-party application workflows, including Cloud storage resulted in constant issues with the login process and data access, interfering with the establishment of common policies and procedures.
- Inadequate Data Management: Lack of efficient data storage and a recovery solution created disruption in several workflows, for example, those associated with subpoenas and other litigation-related documents.
In short, poor tech support and inadequate IT security presented ongoing productivity challenges and a huge risk to the organization.
HOW DID WE HELP?
With HPAE’s procedures and goals in mind, we created a plan of action, established unified common policies and procedures, and implemented a zero-downtime transition to a Managed Security and Managed IT Services model.
- Servers and Systems Support: We Implemented Upgrades and Solid Server and Systems Service
- Minimized Risks: powersolution provided Next-Generation Cybersecurity solutions utilizing Unified Threat Management protocols for a superior perimeter and cloud-based protection of systems and data.
- Managed Applications: we leveraged our close vendor relationships and expertise to set up and professionally manage properly aligned software and 3-rd party applications.
- Enhanced Storage and Recovery: we provided a solution to integrate workload function, protection, and cyber resilience
IMMEDIATE BENEFITS OF THE IT TRANSITION
powersolution helped HPAE by closing vulnerability gaps, protecting important data, and stabilizing and improving IT infrastructure.
End result – superior environment security and enhanced productivity of the HPAE team members
Office Manager, HPAE
The powersolution team helped us to analyze the HPAE IT environment and establish and implement a plan to upgrade our infrastructure and establish a high level of data security while establishing efficient policies and procedures for user workflows and data storage.
We have been extremely pleased with the proactive and highly responsive day-to-day and strategic support that we have received from powersolution – in terms of supporting our users, securing our data, and aligning IT with the business needs of the organization.
I highly recommended them!