Case Study: Managed it Services
From vulnerable network environment and outdated break-fix approach to highly secure, reliable, and ROI-effective Managed IT Services
CLIENT: Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota, LLP
INDUSTRY: Legal Services
ADDRESS: Wayne, NJ 07470
TEAM SIZE: 40
Scura, Wigfield, Heyer, Stevens & Cammarota, LLP (SCURA) is a 14-attorneys New Jersey based law firm.
SCURA’s legal practice areas include Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Employment Discrimination, Civil Litigation, Estate Planning and Administration, Elder Law, and Real Estate
After years of frustration with substandard tech support from incumbent IT provider, SCURA turned to powersolution for a proactive Managed IT security and support service.
- Lack of proper IT management guidance.
- Lack of IT alignment with the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Long response times for helpdesk requests.
- Work interruptions and costly downtime
- Struggle with reactive break-fix rather than proactive IT support.
- Extremely outdated technologies, such as tape backup.
- Productivity decline due to ongoing IT issues.
HOW DID WE HELP?After a confidential review and analysis of SCURA’s technology requirements, policies, and procedures powersolution crafted a plan to implement industry best practices.
- Achieved Stability: The environment was stabilized and secured in the Cloud, eliminating a need for SCURA to invest in new server hardware and operating software.
- Connectivity, Storage, and Communications Upgrade: The entire IT environment was migrated to Azure Virtual Desktop, working in combination with Microsoft 365. This facilitated improved and secure connection, storage capacity, and communication options for computer users when working in-office or remotely.
- Outdated Technology Handled: End-of-Life servers were decommissioned, shifting all workloads to the Cloud.
- Software Transition Accommodation: with the firm’s change to a new legal software platform, remote workers were securely connected to the office environment through a Remote Desktop Server solution, including data storage.
- Superior Security: The new environment included securing the network with powersolution’s Secure Global Network (SGN), creating an “Always Connected, Always Protected” environment, for both in-office and remote workers.
- Threat Protection and Prevention: In addition to SGN, powersolution implemented a next-generation suite of extra cybersecurity protections to monitor for cyber-intruders and to secure open communication ports, helping the organization avoid any future ransomware or cyberthreat incidents.
IMMEDIATE BENEFITS OF MANAGED SERVICESSCURA now enjoys a high-level of IT security, along with being assisted by a helpdesk support team that delivers our famous 15-minute average ticket resolution time. Now, SCURA gets a superior service, strategic IT guidance, reduced downtime, and lower cybersecurity risk — all resulting in better ROI for their IT investment
John J. Scura III, Esq.
Paralegal & Office Manager, SCURA