It’s been five years since Google officially announced malware and phishing protection through Safe Browsing initiative.
- 600 million users qre protected through built-in protection for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, where we show several million warnings every day to Internet users. You may have seen our telltale red warnings pop up — when you do, please don’t go to sites we’ve flagged for malware or phishing.
- Google finds and flags over 9,00 new malicious websites every day. What is considerered a malicious website? It could be you, an innocent business owner whose website has been compromised by malware, or a truly malicious website that was built specifically for malware distribution or phishing.
- Approximately 13 million Google Search queries per day show a warning message to caution users from going to sites that are currently compromised. Once a site has been cleaned up, the warning is removed.
- Google provides malware warnings for about 300 thousand downloads per day through download protection service for Chrome.
- Google sends thousands of notifications daily to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) & CERTs to help them keep their networks clean. Network administrators can sign up to receive frequent alerts.
- We send thousands of notifications daily to webmasters. Signing up with Webmaster Tools helps Google communicate directly with webmasters when they find something on your site, and an ongoing partnership with StopBadware.org helps webmasters who can’t sign up or need additional help.