It is official: October 5th was chosen as a release date for the long-anticipated Windows 11. It’s been 6 years since Windows 10 came out, and users need to know how this rollout will take place.
Organizations can now test Windows 11 in preview mode via Azure Virtual Desktop or via preview in the new Windows 365.
Starting next Tuesday, October 5, 2011, you can buy a new PC with Windows 11 already installed, or get a free download for existing Windows users – but don’t get excited just yet. According to Microsoft, the updated operating system Windows 11 will not be fully rolled out to current compatible devices straight away, and not every major new feature that was a part of this plan will be available just yet. To give users more detail, Microsoft provides the article “Preparing for Insider Preview Builds of Windows 11“.
Get a free consultation on managed IT services for SMB:
Call Now: (855) 551-7760
New features of Windows 11 help you and your business be more efficient
- The new design and sounds
- Better Start options, including utilization of the cloud and Microsoft 365
- Better multitasking options with Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and desktop.
- Taskbar-integrated Chat with Microsoft teams
- Widgets – a new, customizable, AI-powered information feed
- Updated and improved Microsoft Store
- Accessibility improvements for people with disabilities
- New tools for web and app developers
- Optimized speed, efficiency, and user experience features such as touch, digital pen, and voice input.