Reflecting on Windows 8 introduction video (which is awesome – kudo’s to director ), I came to realization that it’s been over 6 months since Windows 8 was introduced – and during this time there have been some praises – and some rants about limitations of Windows 8.
I looked through some interesting resources on W8 reviews and wanted to share some of them with you. I picked the highlight of the articles’ message with the link to the resource, for your interest.
Windows 8 consumer preview: What you need to know, by Dylan Tweney: the new Windows 8 operating system shows a design sensibility and a clarity of purpose not often seen in a Microsoft product. Articles boils down to the following bullet points (but please read the source – it is rather good).
- Windows 8 is trying to do everything for everyone
- It’s got a radical new interface
- You can control it with a touchscreen, mouse, or keyboard
- Microsoft has completely overhauled the underlying system
- There will be a market for apps
- Security and management will make Windows 8 attractive to businesses
- It’s not quite there yet
- You can pretend all the new stuff doesn’t exist
Windows 8 vs. iPad feature-by-feature Videw by Vlad Savov: Comparison of iOS 5 on the iPad 2 with the Windows 8 – Consumer Review. The interaction paradigm has shifted from a mouse-centric desktop to a touch-friendly, highly visual Metro style UI. “All-in-all, two very different interfaces“.
Still Waiting for the Perfect Windows 8 Hybrid by Jared Newman: “It feels like I’m playing a game of PC hybrid bingo, and losing every time.”
What do you think?
If you have an opinion about Windows 8, Hybrid Tablets, or have additional resources you think we should share here, please, let me know – email to [email protected]